Wednesday 10 December 2008

Country bumpkins



RARGH!

i think i'm definitely gonna have to make a new years resolution to write in my blog more.
I love reading other people's blogs and checking in on what they've been up to, but mine is no fun cos the post's are all old! MUST BE MORE DISCIPLINED.....

I went on holiday last week, to a cottage in the middle of nowhere in East Sussex. All the assistant managers at our wonderful pubs got treated to the trip as a thank you for our hard work (granted last year they went to Morocco, but hey - time's are hard, and it was lovely!)

We had a cosy 3 days in this old traditional cottage in Kirdford, and had many alcohol fueled laughs, including hide and seek in the dark (which was hard because the walls were so thin, you had to be extra quiet) and trips to the local pub for quizzes and really bad darts playing (well just me)
The cottage also had an AGA which was really nice to look at but a bit rubbish to cook in (I think ours was broken, but it took ages to cook to chickens for our roast)

Today i've spent the morning in bed trailing the internet, which is one of my most favourite things to do, and also because my heater has broke (well the plug has melted into the socket?! eek!) 

I'm furiously making christmas presents at the moment, today I think it's my sister's turn. 
Amy is the most wonderful person, and i'm so lucky to have her as a sister. She is fantastic at what she does (all manner of theatre based goodness, directing, workshops, teaching etc)
she just won an award - the Manchester evening news award for best studio production for 'Dr Korczak's Example'

Brilliant!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i love you

and please right in your blog more cos i love love love reading it....

x x x x x x x x x x x x x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...