Sunday 28 June 2009

My new brother

Yesterday was one of the most wonderful days I think I've had so far in my life. And that is quite a statement considering all the amazing days I've had so far.
My beautiful big (little) sister Amy got married in the blistering London sunshine to her favouritest man in the world, John Biddle.



A tearful ceremony at Southwark cathedral, which is where John sings in the choir, was greeted in the courtyard by gaggle of Japanese tourists cheering and a line up of several official family pictures.
After being refreshed by a spot of after show pimms and lemmonade (and ice-cream!), we wandered along the southbank - which has got to be one of the most glorious summer spots in the world.
Lots of smiling and photo opportunities later we ended up at Wilton's - the world's oldest surviving music hall at over 150 years old, for what has to be one of the best parties I've ever been to.
Gorgeous food, 20 different handmade cakes, pink fizz, entertainments hour, sing-a-long with a grand piano, and lots of cuddling later, I left the proudest sister in the world, and had gained a wonderful new brother.

Amy is the most loyal, dedicated, warm and loving sister anyone could wish for and I'm so happy that she's found an amazing side-kick for all her life's adventures. John is genuinely one of the kindest people I've ever come across and it makes me so happy that I know he'll look after my sister. I can't wait to be there with them for all that may come.




Now it's time for me to start hassling them to have babies.....I want to be Aunt Sally now please!

xxx

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...